embassy_Ivory_Coast _Johannesburg_Pretoria_Durban_Cape_town

Embassy of Côte d’Ivoire in South Africa

The embassy of Côte d’Ivoire / Ivory Coast in Pretoria, Gauteng is the diplomatic mission of the republic of Côte d’Ivoire in South Africa

On this page you will find info on specific details such as the embassy of Côte d’Ivoire / Ivory Coast contact information, web presence. The embassy of Côte d’Ivoire / Ivory Coast in Pretoria is not the only diplomatic representation of Cote d’Ivoire in South Africa. On this page you can also find all other Ivorian consulates located in South Africa.

Embassy of Ivory Coast (Pretoria)

Address: 795 Government Avenue, Arcadia, PRETORIA

Tel:      +27 012 342 6913 / +27 12 342 6914

Cell:     +27 076 960 7471

Postal:  P O Box 13510, Hatfield, 0028

Website:  https://www.facebook.com/ambassade.cipretoria.3
E-mail:  ambaci.pretoria@gmail.com

embassy_Ivory_Coast _Johannesburg_Pretoria_Durban_Cape_town



Economic Bureau Office

Address:          Nelson Mandela Square Corner 5th and Maude Street, Sandton

Tel:                  +27 011 784 3496 / 011 784 3877

E-mail:             info@spesa.gouv.ci

Cape town

Côte d’Ivoire / Ivory Coast do not have a consulate in cape town.

Ivory Coast Country Economic Overview

Côte d’Ivoire is West Africa’s biggest GDP contributor accounting and according to the IMF (2017) has Africa’s fastest growing economy. The country is the world’s largest producer and exporter of cocoa (30% of the world production) and a major exporter of palm oil, coffee and oil. The mainstay of Côte d’Ivoire has always been cocoa, and that remains a strong economic driver today but new industries are developing too. In particular, the gold mining industry. Gold remains one of Côte d’Ivoire’s most valuable mineral resources, and output rose significantly in the previous decade, from 12 tonnes in 2011 to more than 25 tonnes in 2017 and 32.5 tonnes in 2019.


There are five industrial gold mines. One of these is Agbaou, which is 200 km north-west of Abidjan and was established by Canadian operator Endeavour Mining in June 2012. Endeavour Mining has an 85% stake in the mine and the government holds the remaining 15%. The first gold was poured in late 2013 and commercial operations began in the first quarter of 2014. The mine currently has an average annual production capacity of approximately 103,000 oz and is expected to operate until 2022, with potential expansions currently under consideration.

In 2020, Ivory Coast’s economy was hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic but it has managed to reduce the impact of the pandemic in 2020 due to strong pre-crisis fundamentals, relative economic diversification and timely relaxing of the fiscal stance (IMF).

Country facts

Administrative Capital: Yamoussoukro

Economic capital: Abidjan

Population 23.7 million

Official language:  French

Currency: CFA (XOF)

In Need of French translation?

Frenchside is a Pretoria-based translation agency with a track record of high quality translation. For over 10 years, our translation services have helped our clients in South Africa communicate with their counterpart around the world. We translate personal document and business document. Original translated documents can be picked up from our office in the heart of Pretoria, South Africa. If you don’t have time to come for them, we can send them by courier to your designated address. Our certified translation services in Pretoria are recognized by the majority of embassies in South Africa including Ivory coast, Ghana, DRC and France embassies.

If you have any questions you’d like to discuss, please give us a call on 012 348 3134. Alternatively, send us an email to info@frenchside.co.za and a member of our friendly team will get back to you.

Embassy of Côte d'Ivoire in South Africa
Article Name
Embassy of Côte d'Ivoire in South Africa
The embassy of Côte d'Ivoire / Ivory Coast in Pretoria, Gauteng is the diplomatic mission of the republic of Cote D’ivoire in SA. Cote d’Ivoire is West Africa’s biggest GDP contributor.
Publisher Name
Frenchside Translation Services
Publisher Logo


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *