Applying for a visa to another country can be difficult and frustrating. Therefore, it is important to have all the required information beforehand to make the process go smoothly. If you are planning a trip to Spain from South Africa, and you’re wondering; how long does it take to get a visa in South Africa to Spain? then this article will provide you with the information. Additionally, you will receive details on the fees and documents needed for your visa application.
Documents you need to get a visa in South Africa for Spain:
Before we get into how long it takes to get a visa in South Africa for Spain, it is important to understand what documents you will need to submit with your application. Here is a list of the documents you will need for your application:
- One completed, dated, and signed Spanish Schengen visa application form. Based on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond your stay in the Schengen area.
- Copy of the biographical data page of the passport.
- A recent colour photograph with a white background (4.5cm x 3.5 cm) that is no older than 6 months.
- Proof of residence in South Africa.
- Flight reservation copy and detailed flight reservation (leaving South Africa for the Schengen Area and returning to South Africa from the Schengen Area).
- Insurance policy copy (Visa Letter). Insurance can be taken only if the insurer is based (registered) in South Africa or the European Union. The minimum amount of coverage is €30000.
- Letter of employment (if travelling for employment).
- Admission to a teaching institution (if travelling for study purposes).
- Minors (where applicable) must submit a copy of full/unabridged birth certificate and parental approval (if applicable).
- A travel medical insurance.
- Itinerary (if travelling for leisurely purposes).
- Means of transport while in Spain.
- Bank statements (as proof of your financial ability to support yourself while in Spain).
Please keep in mind that this list depends on your reason for visiting Spain. It will, for example, include additional documentation if you are travelling for educational or professional reasons.
The process to apply for a Schengen visa from South Africa:
Visa applications for Spain can be processed at the Spanish Embassy in Pretoria. For your biometric data to be taken, it is best to apply in person. Children below 12 years old do not need to provide complete biometric information. However, they will be required to perform a facial scan. Then children aged under 5 are not required to provide biometric data. In South Africa, there is only one Schengen visa application platform, which is administered by the Spanish Embassy. As a result, online applications have not been confirmed as being available.
Schengen visa application processing time in South Africa:
The Spanish Schengen visas are granted by the Spanish Embassy or Consulate General. So, how long does it take to get a visa in South Africa for Spain? The answer is, if you submit your application to the Embassy directly, it will take between 15 to 30 working days to process. Please bear in mind that a Visa Officer may request an interview or ask for further evidence or information, which could result in an extension of the processing time.
The cost of a Schengen visa in South Africa:
The visa application fee is determined by the following factors:
- The cost of a general Schengen visa is 80 euros which is R 1 654,98
- Children aged 6 to 12 pay 40 euros which is R 827,51.
- Then, for children under the age of six, there is no fee.
To get a visa in South Africa for Spain can be easy if you have the right information. To simplify the application process and reduce stress, keep a checklist of the visa requirements at all times. Additionally, agencies are available to apostille and translate your documents for a faster visa application process. They will make the process easier for you and ensure that your documents are in order in time for your trip to Spain.
Frenchside Spanish /English Translation Service
The processing time for obtaining a visa in South Africa for Spain can vary depending on the abovementioned reasons, including the type of visa you are applying for and the specific requirements of the Spanish Embassy or Consulate.
At Frenchside, we provide document translation services to simplify your visa application process. We offer translations not only into Spanish but also into various European languages, such as German, French, and Portuguese. We understand that verifying documents can be tough and take up a lot of time. To help you out, we also offer a speedy DIRCO apostille service that’s certain to be accurate. Our express service takes approximately 5 days, sparing you the hassle of navigating complicated procedures. Therefore, we can translate and authenticate your documents in preparation for your visa application. Opting for our service will save you both time and money.
Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Tel: 012 348 3134| Mobile: 081 347 6060
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.frenchside.co.za